I know we read or hear that bullshit above every single day either we want or not. Personally, I get extremely irritated and frustrated about it. I try to imagine the person behind every article as such and I wish I could tell him/her "Who the fuck you think you are to give me a recept about how to 'cook' myself perfect?". We are dealing with a crazy life in crazy times.
I speak from experience when I say "I have tried to be Miss Perfect, and it didn't work". But I have found a trick that might work for many and I think is worth sharing.
- act confident - you will be confident when you will get to be yourself
- smile often- if you smile like an idiot that will not solve anything. I am not sure how deep you went into this, but I remember reading in many articles that if you just smile, you will eventually trick your brain to feel "happy". If you smile just when you feel like, you will avoid being ridiculous. No, you don't have to smile when you are going trough bad things just because you don't want everyone to know how you feel like. Or all of the contrary, you don't have to not smile if you go trough something rough and your closest consider that is crazy for you to do such a thing. All together, do not let yourself 'judged' or 'pressured' about smiling. Do it when ever you feel like, and do it like you mean it.
- be polite and respectful - another tricky one. We have been thought since very young about that. What often we haven't been told are the details. No, you don't have to be polite to people who harm you. No, you don't have to be respectful to a boss who acts like a complete asshole, and so on. If right now you think about me that I am the "rebel bitch" type, you are wrong. But no, you don't have to put up with all kind of toxic people or situations just because you have to or you have no choice. If you find yourself in this situation, I am here to support and to remind you that you do have a choice. Your life is more precious than anything else and you just have one. Every small thing that bother you on a daily base, and makes you feel uncomfortable is a bad thing and you should consider the change. Is really not worth it, what ever the reasons behind.
- focus on your education - try to figure out what you are really made for and what would give you the joy to wake up daily without struggle. We are not all made to be doctors or lawyers. Don't worry if you will ever disappointed someone with your career choice. I am sure your mom will be more happy to know you are satisfied with your life, then having an amazing job that doesn't inspire you anyhow.
- be positive - this is one of mu favorites. I have recently seen a video on youtube where a priest was having a conference for a large group of students. I am not religious but the guy was pure comedy. He had been asked about how should a wife act towards her husband in a
- wear clothing that makes you feel like the best version of yourself - this is one funny subject for me. Turning into a shopaholic won't make you perfect. And I said it all. Well, except if you go to a job interview. You have more chance to get you dream job if you are dressed professional and expensive. When you dress like a winner, people tend to respect you more. In psychology this is known as The Halo Effect. In particular, people tend to make a perception of your whole character based on a single quality that you have shown them. If you look great and take care of your appearance, then people assume that you are someone who deserves their respect-someone who is also successful, reliable and kind. When Onassis went to America, before becoming a millionaire, he spend all his money to buy clothes that would highlight his style and class. It is ridiculous but true. I simply call it ignorance.
- try new things - push your limits, face your fears, get to know yourself. Remember how many stuff you wanted to do as a kid and you were waiting to grow up to do it all? Well, that is a great start point. You are grown up now and you are to busy or to responsible to try any off it? That's not true. Of course you can not do it all, but give it a try. You will see how good it feels. If you have kids, evan better. They will think you are the coolest parent ever. Try to do what makes you happy. You wanna travel and you can not afford it? I am sure that close by are plenty of beautiful places that you didn't evan know about. And so on..