2. You’ve learned to eat chocolate for breakfast.
Is almost like a religion here. Everyone finds it normal to have chocolate at any moment of the day, starting with a healthy breakfast .
3. You’ve completely changed your definition of “a sunny day”. You now believe the weather’s good “when a patch of clear blue sky can be seen at some point.”
4. Before you go to the cinema, you have to check if the film is in the French, German,Dutch or the original version.
5. You buy a lot of low-cost flights to places in Europe, but you fly from Holland. In addition to having 3 airports of its own - Antwerpen, Brussel and Charleroi, many times you find yourself flying from Eindhoven in Holland, where low-cost airlines operate. Once you’ve bought all the tickets, everything becomes too convenient to remember the details.
6. You’re totally considering the idea of working in one country and living in another.Half of your colleagues commute daily from the neighbouring countries to work. Elsewhere, the idea might seem extravagant to say the least. In Antwerpen though, it’s part of ordinary life.
7.You answer to 'thank you' with 'please' (alstublieft). The dutch version for you're welcome is mostly never used.