"I think everything in life is art. What you do, how you dress, the way you love someone, and how you talk. Your smile and your personality, what you believe in, and all your dreams. The way you drink your tea, how you decorate your home, or party; your grocery list, the food you make, how your writing looks, and the way you feel.
Life is art"
Life is art"
My name is Rox and I have recently landed in Belgium (November 2014 ).
My world as I knew it changed when I moved with my family abroad, in Spain in 2005. I suddenly found myself connecting with people from around the world, traveling and exposing myself to cultures that was completely different from my own. I was amazed by the way people learned in school, partied on weekends, and led their lives in general. I made life-long friends everywhere, people who are still my closest friends today. But most importantly, I met Peter, my present-day life partner. It opened my eyes to a whole new world of possibilities.
From then on, everything changed. I became more confident, opened to trying new things, and most of all, I had faith in myself. I believed I was capable of big things.
My purpose here is to share a bit of my passions with you, and why not.. to make my dream come true !
10 Facts about me
- I am born and raised in Romania.
- I am a cook with 1000 other passions.
- I have lived 5 years in Spain, on the beautiful coast of Benidorm.
- I speak English and Spanish, and now I study Dutch and French.
- I make faces often when I have my pictures taken.
- I used to consider myself more Spanish than Romanian until I've discovered Belgium, and now I believe I am chocolate :P
- Between the time I have lived in Spain and I moved to Belgium, I have lived 3 years in Bucharest, which I strongly think is an alien city (read more about the magic Bucharest).
- I love to read. Anything that drops in my hands. Books, magazines, internet. What ever with any subject. I am avid for information, like google ... I want more every day.
- I am passionate about travel, food, culture, history, photography and every thing else that comes along with it.
- Sometimes I cook at 3 in the morning :)
What else I do
"Make a radical change in your lifestyle and begin to boldly do things which you may previously never have thought of doing, or been too hesitant to attempt. So many people live within unhappy circumstances and yet will not take the initiative to change their situation because they are conditioned to a life of security, conformity, and conservation, all of which may appear to give one peace of mind, but in reality nothing is more damaging to the adventurous spirit within a man than a secure future. The very basic core of a man's living spirit is his passion for adventure. The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun. If you want to get more out of life, you must lose your inclination for monotonous security and adopt a helter-skelter style of life that will at first appear to you to be crazy. But once you become accustomed to such a life you will see its full meaning and its incredible beauty.”
Jon Krakauer, Into the Wild